We all love to give a new look from time to time to the various parts of our homes. Careful planning before the renovation will help you to save a good deal of money. I have tried to help your planning by listing out the top five home improvement ideas that can be done within $150!
● Redesign the lighting arrangement : Great sense in lighting can take the ambience of your home to a whole new level. You can use the cheap and aesthetic LED candle bulbs for your dining room. They will add a soothing and relaxing effect to the area. You can use some bright strip LED’s for your bedroom to add some new energy. A new chandelier to your living room is also an instant thumbs up! You can even use a kerosene heater for some ambiance!
● Improving the kitchen storage : Increasing your kitchen storage will never go waste. Having a better rollout means getting your hands on those tucked in kitchen items easily. You can purchase new rollouts for a reasonable price from many online stores. Be extra careful while choosing the size. Check products from multiple websites and compare the prices before purchasing. If you are a DIY lover then you can try a hand in making your own rollouts.
● Wire shelving for your closet : Wardrobes are never enough to organise your closet, especially if you are a shopaholic like me. Wire shelving will give you room for organising and flaunting your clothes at the same time. Wire shelving has the advantage of not accumulating dust over solid shelving. They can be installed by yourself using simple tools like a level, a hacksaw and a drill. It will also help to keep the floors empty for vacuuming. You can get this done within a budget of $100 to $120.
● New look for door and windows : Buy a few sheets of attractive wallpapers and glue. If you already have some leftover wallpapers you can make the best use of them. This is probably the cheapest method to change the look of the doors and windows. You can get creative in sticking the wallpapers. Use some cool patterns to stick them. You can bring a sync in this pattern for the door and windows of the same room.
● Changing the doormats : Now that you have changed the lightings and added new wallpapers, you should consider purchasing matching doormats. Put forth your creative self and make some cool DIY doormats that will coordinate with the other home elements. Make a few pairs of them for replacements when the other one goes for a wash. You can use old clothes, wooden slabs or mosaic pieces for attractive doormats for the front door. Spray paint a welcome message to add a personalised touch.
All the above ideas are budget friendly and take very little time to implement. You can use the weekend break to give a new look to your home. Stay tuned to this place for more innovative ideas.
For some really cool ideas for decorating your lamps and flower pots, be sure to check out our post regarding DIY ideas with plastic bottles.